Friday, September 16, 2011

So much for that clutch

Guess I waited too long between starts. The primary was full this morning and now the clutch is stuck together. I got it started no problem. Much easier with a squirt of lighter fluid in the carb. (I still need to rebuild the accelerator pump.)

I just printed out what I need to do to plug off that drain and then I looked up to see if anyone makes a belt drive primary conversion that will fit in the original case. BDL does. It's not cheap at $690, but that comes with a new input bearing and a new dry clutch. That should fix that and it will still look original.

2 comments:

Perry Rose said...

Once all the oil is where it's supposed to be the clutch will work properly. I often thought of loosening the case bolts so the oil would drain but never did.

2Evil4U said...

I've got the entire outer cover off at this point so I could inspect it. If it were going to be ridden regularly I'd keep it stock, but this is silly, so dry it will be.