Monday, May 14, 2012

Some progress

So mom & dad are in this week to visit. I had a big interview at work this morning so I took the afternoon off and spent it working on the 78 with dad. We got the carb rebuilt:

Fresh Keihin Butterfly: (Lots of silly O-rings.)


Photobucket

Then, for the hell of it we started tearing down the primary drive. It went pretty well as we broke less stuff than I did the other day on the Buell. (This bike is a bit greasier, though.)

With the primary and clutch off.


Photobucket
Quick picture of the main drive sprocket of the tranny output shaft. At 78,000 miles, it is due for a change....


Photobucket
Lots of cleaning to do now and then I'm going to tackle reworking the oil pump so it doesn't feed the primary case as the new clutch with the belt drive is a dry unit.

2 comments:

Qu'que chose said...

Wow, that really was a lot of greasy crud.

Anonymous said...

I have always suspected that the bike is the cruel sibling of "Christine".
Dad